Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pizza and Donuts

Today was a long day, a fun day, but loooong! My boys don't sleep like they used to, 7pm to 7am, it's a lot more like 830pmish to 230am to 5am to 6 or 7am...so my plan today was to run a few errands, lunch with a friend and a bit of shopping AND a nap! I was able to do everything EXCEPT the nap. But I noticed something's today. #1 I sweat a lot, Am I too young for hot flashes? #2 I get REALLY tired around 2pm everyday and #3 I don't like stuffed crust pizza. 
Oh and M loves Krispy Kreme donuts. So  does C, F, H and J. 
M had been asking for a drive to KK, and I felt obligated as a good parent to do so tonight. So we packed up the kids and drove up to Union Landing. 
While we were ordering, the person working there interrupts us to ask, "so are you getting a dozen or what?" EXACT words. 
I was shocked. I realized the older I get, the less customer service is a part of my shopping experience. I remember being trained to give excellent customer service at all my jobs. Was that so long ago? I felt old. 
It saddens me to think that in the world we live in, instructing your kids to be polite, respectful go getters is somehow squashing their creative spirit. It's sad that culture and world view, the things that make us diverse and unique are being diluted by the "everyone gets a trophy for trying, we are all winners, go with the flow, YOLO," attitude. It's not trendy to be rude, it's not cool to suck at your job, you should care. Someone worked very hard to establish that company that you are belittling with your bad attitude and lack if customer service. 
Sheesh. Dang slackers. Oh man. I am old.
It's 9:41pm
 

1 comment:

  1. Great write up. I love the beginning. The end is very insightful and I agree whole heartedly on the continuing trend of slack moral values and work ethic. It is sad and speaks to our everything now media culture. Nobody wants to work for for it anymore. Oh well, you're hot and I love you so it makes everything ok.

    ReplyDelete