Sunday, July 28, 2013

Caramel Corn and Cemeteries

This weekend, my husband and I took a much needed break away, more for him then me of course, from the kids and headed out to Washoe County, Nevada (Reno). We headed out Friday, and decided to "just get on the road," and deal with the traffic. As we headed out of the area, I got hungry, but in an effort not to miss our check in deadline, we kept driving. Bad idea. Apparently, when I get hungry, I get a little (LOT) cranky (RAGE) and am not so nice (raging jerk). What does ones husband feed the wild savage wife when hunger strikes? Why caramel corn of course! 
We made it to our hotel with an hour to spare, checked in and started our adventure in Nevada. We found ourselves the next day in Virginia City, checking out the old mining town. My husband loves historic cemeteries, so The Silver Terrace Cemeteries was our first stop. I am all for history and exploration, but flip flops, GIANT WASPS, and loose gravel shortened my trip and I headed back to the car while my husband looked around more.
I always feel a little strange exploring a cemetery, like I am having fun where so many people have spent the hardest times of their life, so I try to take a different approach and read as many of the tombstones as possible. This is sorta my way of paying my respects and acknowledging the lives if people. And then we happened upon the babies, and the children, and those get me every time. We spent about 80 min there, and then hoped in the car and drive around more. 
Through the city, and on to Carson City. On the way there...I got hungry. Low and behold, the caramel corn came to the rescue. 
By the end of this trip, I think my husband was ready to write the caramel corn company and thank them for saving our marriage. 
We ended our trip and headed home today, well rested and ready to hug our babies and our big girl. We are very lucky to have great friends and family to watch our kids, so we can have our time together. 

I think I love caramel corn and if you have a chance, visit the Ghirardelli Chocolate Outlet in Lathrop, it's well worth the stop. 
It's 8:59pm

No comments:

Post a Comment