Sunday, July 21, 2013

Boogers and Bald Spots

Today hubby and I had the sleep deprived delusion of giving H a hair cut. So our plan? Mom hog ties him and Dad tames the mane. Sounds easy enough? (Insert basket ball buzzer sound here) WRONG. Let's see, first act in this comedy of errors? Although I could restrain his body, his head moved as if he  was ready to spew green pea soup at us and chant in Latin. End result, an awesome bald spot, uneven lines and then clippers dying before we could finish. To add a little more specialness to the moment, the amount of snot coming out of H's nose rivaled that of a spitting camel. So needless to say, the haircut did not go so well, and when I left the house, H looked like he was attacked by a rouge group of toddler barbers, roaming the streets, looking for pacifier sucking victims. We knew 2 things, we would never do this again and this needed to be fixed BEFORE my mom came home and saw it. Grandma would never let us forget the time " you ravaged my poor babies head," so the plan? Clippers charge and H naps and then we fix the hair...now if you don't already know about my Super Hubby, he is super awesome and went ahead and fixed the hair while I was out. Not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous. Who held H down? Was any hair left? Then I get the text message. 

So here is H not boogery, not bald and not bleeding. 
Not too shabby! 
But something else had occurred with this big boy hair cut! H is acting like a big boy! He fed himself his yogurt, took off his own clothes for bath time and has been playing quietly! What?!? Was this some sort if freaky hair crack? When it came off he calmed down?!? Probably more likely that he is so traumatized from being held down and attacked with clippers that he is too tired to be naughty. And I'll take it!
I had a bite of my daughters Caramello cupcake from Frost in Campbell today. Now that is some dessert crack! 
It's 11:22pm

No comments:

Post a Comment