Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Graco and Disney

We have 3 kids, they range in age from 13-2. Today we all piled in the car to go and pick up a new Graco Ready2Grow, a sit and stand double stroller, because our younger boys like to be together, but it's better if they can't see each other...as we were driving I was thinking, with the youngest being 2 and 4, this will most likely be the last stroller we ever buy, hopefully.
I started thinking about having M, my oldest, over 13 years ago. I was young, had no idea about strollers or kids stuff, brands or anything. I had a very basic stroller an carseat for Miya, and very early I noticed that a lot of other people had MUCH nicer baby things.  Now I knew that someone would always have something nicer than I, that's life! ...but I really wanted my child to have nice things, and nothing makes a mom feel better than a nice diaper bag, stroller and carseat. Not expensive, nice. I guess this was phase 1 of early stroller envy...
I remember finding M a nice Eddie Bauer carseat and a really nice Eddie Bauer stroller, by Graco. It felt good.
Fast forward 8 years and it's time to pick out a travel system for J! What do I pick? Why Graco of course! I loved it. The cup holders, the easy ride, loved it!
So along came baby #3 and we reused a couple things and splurged in a "nice" double stroller! A Baby Jogger. It was great! ...until it wasn't. So here we are picking up our final stroller, a good ol' Graco. It's funny how something like a stroller and The Disney Channel have been family favorites for the past 13 years. Our lives are intertwined with amazing memories of Mickey Mouse and Graco strollers. As our kids age I wonder what will be next? Maybe Vans and BMX bikes? Or TOMS and surfboards? Maybe  VW's and Nikes, like my teenage years! No matter how it happens, we are definitely enjoying the ride! And I am sure Dora will also be a part of it...
It's 9:06pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment