Thursday, July 18, 2013

No yolk for me

This morning my boys wanted pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I don't buy full fatty bacon, because that along with whole milk and real butter in my shopping cart looks bad, right?! So pancakes and turkey bacon it was. While I was standing over the stove, slaving away microwaving my pancakes...I realized that a protein shake today sounded terrible and a whole wheat English muffin, egg and turkey bacon breakfast sandwich sounded so much better! Why? Because I was so looking forward to that yummy yolkey goodness with my bread and dry bacon! ...see and right there I had already jinxed it. Kids eating and breakfast on the table. Time for mama! Oh wait, I also decided to make an egg for my disappearing daughter. Now 2 eggs, which one has the best oozy yolk potential, that ones mine! See...problem #2, I should have given the golden yolk goodness to my daughter, but instead I hoarded the yolk. Time to make my breakfast sandwich, bottom English muffin, 1 turkey bacon and throw down that egg and WHAT!?! ...the yolk breaks and shoots off the plate, I can't even dip now! Oh there's more yolk, let's do this! Top bun and...seriously?!? More yolk on the counter...now I am mad. So I sit down with my boys and yes I am not joking...the yolk...it fled from me...it ran away from my plate and on the table. Now I I was alone, that would not be a problem, that yolk would be swiped right up with my dry wheat muffin and in my mouth, but there are these 2 copy cats string at me...the yolk stays down. My breakfast was still good, minus the creamy golden goodness if the incredible edible egg, but no yolk for me. AND why the heck is there no iron in my $50 vitamins from GNC? Really!? For $50 they could slip a little iron into ANY of the 6 pills in that packet? It's 9:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment