Sunday, September 8, 2013

Driving Around in My Automobile

I really like my new car. A lot. I really dislike the interior of my new car being dirty...a lot. This is a problem, I have 3 kids. 1 child loves Cheetos, orange fingers. 1 child is an artistic genius, paper, markers, crayons. 1 child is a moody teenager. No explanation needed.  I feel like I am constantly picking up crayons, Cheetos and paper. It's because I am. But this is my family, and this is a family car, so we have a family sized mess! I used to get very irratated. Rage might be a better word. How dare these ankle biters mess with my space?!? Oh and there is the problem...it's not "my," anything. It's "our," everything, but more specific, it's our blessing. Just like the kids...really I believe that...count it all as joy, right? Ha easier said then done! I struggle with this. With taking the good with the bad, with realizing that it's not all rose tinted glasses all day. That my children are loud, dirty, crazy little blessings. Just like a new car or any other thing we have. Our blessings aren't always the way we envision them to be, but it doesn't lessen the impact if the blessing, or at least it shouldn't, right? There is alot of thinking that goes on while being in a car. And I am thinking this car isn't so messy, but full of memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment