Monday, August 19, 2013

My Favorite J and H...and Sissy

As my kids get older, I notice they become much more aware of the affection I give to their siblings, keeping a watchful eye to make sure that "their love," is not distributed to a baby brother or big sissy. 
I often want to express to them that I do love them so much, but I want to be honest and make sure no one feels "more," or "less," than anyone else. 
So I have applied the "favorite," to each of them, by name.
"H, you are my favorite H I have ever had, and I love you more than any other H in the whole world!"
This is genius, really, because you are able to give the warm fuzzies AND not feel conflicted AND speak freely in front of your other children, without anyone being left out! 
So far this is working out really well, especially for my 2 boys who constantly vie for mama's attention. 
Now Sissy is a little different, she is a teenager, so I have to love her in a non intrusive or uncool way, so she gets " hey your cool, and stuff. And Iet's hang out, and stuff."  ...but at home...she gets the love, the climb in your bed and lay on top of you love with 2 brothers giggling in tow!
These are a few of my favorite things.
It's 11:23pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment